Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: What do 60-66 Owners want?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 66GMC454's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Hi Paul,
    As many others have said ... "Keep up the good work"

    - More GMC stuff!:
    "910" name badges on the cowl extension

    "GMC" Chrome Hubcaps (GM 5.858 #2488008) I think I'm going with mags this time, but the caps were impossible to find last time.

    5-stud rear axle shafts (5 x 5.5)to replace the stock 6-stud axle.

    -Kick Panel repair panels. (I'm not sure how far up the cab floor patch panels extend ... but I've got a lot of rust in that area.)

    - Billet Dash / Custom guages for GMC. I heard that BOESE Engineering / Dolphin Guages have them. I also plan to add "idiot light" LED's for oil pressure, HOT and COLD temperature lights "a-la-1966 Ford Galaxie" which used a dual purpose COLD/HOT temperature sending switch for lights.

    - Hydroboost brake booster. I (and probably many others) intend to use a fairly "lumpy" cam in my engine, which results in low vaccuum and therefore poor booster performance. The other benefit is for valve cover clearance. I haven't installed my 454 yet, or measured anything up either. Lastly, it would just be "all kinds of cool"!

    Thanks for asking!
    Don

    1966 GMC Fleetside LWB 69,000 orig miles.
    250 - L6, 3-spd manual on the column
    A real plain-jane farm truck ... The only intalled option was the cig lighter! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Soon to be 454 with TH400 ... w/ PS, PB, AC, Tilt, Cruise, etc.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 66GMC454's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Hi Paul,
    As many others have said ... "Keep up the good work"

    - More GMC stuff!:
    "910" name badges on the cowl extension

    "GMC" Chrome Hubcaps (GM 5.858 #2488008) I think I'm going with mags this time, but the caps were impossible to find last time.

    5-stud rear axle shafts (5 x 5.5)to replace the stock 6-stud axle.

    -Kick Panel repair panels. (I'm not sure how far up the cab floor patch panels extend ... but I've got a lot of rust in that area.)

    - Billet Dash / Custom guages for GMC. I heard that BOESE Engineering / Dolphin Guages have them. I also plan to add "idiot light" LED's for oil pressure, HOT and COLD temperature lights "a-la-1966 Ford Galaxie" which used a dual purpose COLD/HOT temperature sending switch for lights.

    - Hydroboost brake booster. I (and probably many others) intend to use a fairly "lumpy" cam in my engine, which results in low vaccuum and therefore poor booster performance. The other benefit is for valve cover clearance. I haven't installed my 454 yet, or measured anything up either. Lastly, it would just be "all kinds of cool"!

    Thanks for asking!
    Don

    1966 GMC Fleetside LWB 69,000 orig miles.
    250 - L6, 3-spd manual on the column
    A real plain-jane farm truck ... The only intalled option was the cig lighter! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Soon to be 454 with TH400 ... w/ PS, PB, AC, Tilt, Cruise, etc.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1964C20's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    REAR-VIEW Mirrors (mounting on doors). I'm new and need mirrors that mount outside. Any idea where to find?
    Thanks,
    Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •